APICS, the Association for Operations Management is an international supply chain association who provides education, certification, and membership services to more than more than 35,000 members and over 100,000 customers globally. We are seeking a European Regional Independent Contractor. Qualified candidates will be self-directed individuals who have the knowledge, skills, and experience required to assist our International Associates and Authorized Education Providers in improving their performance based on their APICS related contracts and key performance indicators.
The APICS International Services team is responsible for developing and maintaining APICS’ international business by engaging over 70 channel partners within 50 countries worldwide. The European Regional Independent Contractor is primarily responsible for building strong partner organizations that increase brand awareness of APICS’ products and services and expanding APICS membership in that region.
The European Regional Independent Contractor will:
- Serve as key member of the APICS business development team by providing support to channel partners in the region assigned.
- Assist in the business development planning process for the region ensuring alignment with the APICS strategic direction.
- Execute on the business development plan by engaging partners to drive APICS-related revenue.
- Work closely with partners to ensure they have access to the APICS services and resources required.
- Prepare and give business reviews based on KPIs to the senior management team for partners in the region.
- Serve as an IA & AEP partner liaison with the rest of the APICS organization.
- Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals in the region and identifying organizations to approach with a joint value proposition with APICS and partners.
- Develop and update forecast reports for sales performance, including activity statistics, current pipelines, etc.
- Work with partners to ensure their service levels exceed the expectations of APICS’ members and customers.
- Represent APICS at meetings of allied organizations and other associations to promote APICS products and services.
- Contribute to promotional and public relations campaigns that utilize media advertising, direct mail, trade shows, publicity, point-of-purchase, and audiovisual presentations.
- Applicants should have at least 5-6 years experience supporting a sales channel, working with franchisees, or suppliers to achieve KPIs.
- Association experience is a plus.
- Must possess a higher education degree in marketing, supply chain/operations or equivalent field.
- The ability to effectively establish work priorities.
- Strong conceptual skills and the ability to works successfully with intangibles such as attitudes and buying behaviors.
- Contract negotiation experience.
- Strong matrix management skills.
- The ability to effectively organize and direct cross-departmental efforts.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving capabilities.
- The ability to handle customer inquiries, including difficult customers in a professional, persuasive manner.
- A proven track record working to improve the performance of organizations
- Must be able to exercise considerable discretion and independent judgment with regard to matters of significant financial interest and reputation to the organization.
- Must be able to implement sales cycles that generate on-site training revenue.
- Must be able to work with considerable creativity and knowledge of the customers’ needs and values in order to package the sale.
- Applicants must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates must also have excellent speaking and writing skills, computer proficiency, and strong verbal communication skills. Bi-lingual candidates are desired. Proficiency in English is required
- Applicant must be proficient in business software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Travel is over 50%; a valid passport is required
- This is an Independent Contractor (1099) status position.
Resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, should be submitted to Resumes@apics.org. Please put ERC in the subject line of the e-mail.