Think smart, think strategically
Use Operational Excellence to differentiate yourself from your competitors.
But what does operational excellence really mean?
How does it add value to your organisation? And which practical approach based on today’s techniques should you follow to improve your company’s impact?
6 days English course
This programme teaches you to think smart and strategically in order to become more efficient at an operational level.
Added value for you and your company
- You will gain a coherent and integrated understanding of ‘lean’ and other concepts of operational excellence.
- You will be able to correctly apply the lean and operational excellence principles.
- You will master the key terminology used in Operations, such as lead and cycle times, push vs. pull systems, stock management, productivity and 6 Sigma.
- You will streamline your processes according to customer requirements.
- With operational performances, you will make a positive impact on the whole company.
You will make the most of opportunities to improve, define improvement projects and fix priorities.
- You work in the production and services industries as a Senior General Manager or Executive.
- You are the Operations Manager of a production or logistics company.
- You are a Service or Quality Manager.
- You are a Business or Process Manager.
- You are a Project Manager and are required to formulate and implement changes.
- You work as a Consultant in an environment which requires more operational excellence.
Module 1: Fundamentals of Operational Excellence
- Strategic importance of operational excellence
- Mapping out the value stream
- Lean techniques
- Lean planning
- Implementation of lean: in-company visit
Module 2: Success Factors for Operational Excellence
- Managing the limiting factors
- Capacity management and variability analysis
- Quality processes
- Lean in the logistics chain
- Staff management in times of change
- Prof. Ann Vereecke is the Programme Director for Operational Excellence and former President of EurOMA, the European Operations Management Association.
- Prof. Robert Boute is an expert in Operations & Supply Chain Management.
- Prof. John Bicheno is the Director of the Master Class in Lean Operations at Cardiff Business School. He is an authority in lean Operations and author of the book ‘The Lean Toolbox’.
- Prof. Marc Lambrecht is Professor of Operations Management at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
Draw inspiration from the lectures given by guest practitioners.
They provide a wide array of examples in both services and production.
- 6 days
- Ghent Campus: 21, 22 & 23 November 2012
- Leuven Campus: 12, 13 & 14 December 2012
- Language English
- Rigtclick to download :
- € 4,975 (excl. 21% VAT).
- If you intend to take an examination in order to get the ‘Lean Competency’ accreditation, the fee comes to a total of € 5,825 (excl. 21% VAT).