A PICS | Vlerick Business School programme
Part I : November 20 | 21 | 22, 2013
Think Lean and Hone Your Strategy
Smart use of the Lean philosophy will help you differentiate yourself from your competitors. This ‘Operational Excellence’ programme will teach you the meaning of operational excellence and how to effectively use the tools and methodologies to create value for your organisation.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME ?“Lean” has established itself as the most effective and most widely adopted improvement methodology for operations in the world. What you’ll learn in this programme will help you understand and implement ‘Operational Excellence’ in your organisation.
This programme studies Operational Excellence at an enterprise level: aligned with the corporate strategy, future-proof, crossing traditional boundaries and looking at horizontal flows, and with the customer value orientation always in mind.
You will :
- develop an integrated overview of essential Operational Excellence concepts and practices
- apply Lean thinking and Operational Excellence principles correctly
- learn what a Lean Enterprise really means
- study operational concepts like lead and cycle times, push versus pull systems, supply chain and inventory management, factory physics, productivity, Six Sigma…
- focus on what really matters for your customers
- discover, define and prioritise opportunities for optimisation through an optional in-company case study and exam (required for the “Lean Competency” accreditation).
The programme ‘Operational Excellence’ is targeted towards:
- Professionals and managers with management responsibilities in operations
- Operations managers in manufacturing or logistic companies
- Service or quality managers
- Business and process management professionals
- Project leaders responsible for designing and implementing change projects
In previous editions, we had the pleasure of welcoming participants from companies like Chevron Belgium, Volvo Logistics, Nippon Shokubai Europe NV, Vlaamse Overheid, Nikon Metrology Europe NV, Gartner, Gudrun, Asco Industries, Ormit Belgium, Stork Technical Services Belgium, SWIFT, Alstom Belgium, Tybo2, Sibelga,…
Module 1 : Essence of Operational Excellence
- Strategic Importance of Operational Excellence
- Mapping the value stream
- Lean Thinking and Lean Toolbox
- Lean Planning & Scheduling
- Lean Maturity
- Company visit: putting theory into practice
Module 2 : Success Factors in Operational Excellence
- Bottleneck management – theory of constraints – factory physics
- Capacity Management and Variability Analysis
- Quality Management
- Lean Supply Chains
- Change Management
EARN YOUR LEAN COMPETENY CERTIFICATE !
An optional exam will allow participants to obtain the certificate ‘Lean Competency’, an international accreditation by the Lean Enterprise Research Centre of Cardiff University.
- Professor Ann Vereecke, Vlerick Business School & UGent
- Professor Robert Boute, Vlerick Business School & KU Leuven
- Professor John Bicheno, University of Buckingham (UK)
- Professor Peter De Prins, Vlerick Business School
- Complemented with guest speakers
- 6 days (2 modules of 3 days)
- Start in November
- Language : English
- More info & registration: http://www.vlerick.com/en/programmes/management-programmes/Operations-Supply-Chain-Management/Operational-Excellence?utm_source=pics&utm_medium=ad&utm_campaign=opex
- When registering online, make sure to mention “PICS” in the comment box.