SEMINAR: Risk Management
September 14, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Moving Pieces: Supply Chain Resilience & Risk Mitigation in a Changing World
We live in a volatile and changing world, where geopolitics, cybersecurity, trade barriers and sanctions are part of our daily job. Coping with all these different risks is like playing a game of chess, in which the rules change with every move you make. To help you effectively manage all these moving pieces, VIB, CSCMP and PICS Belgium have joined forces to gather insights of some of the best experts. Together they will provide you an end-to-end supply chain overview of the various relevant risks. After attending this seminar, you will not only have a clear overview of the latest developments, but you will also gather some of the latest strategies to mitigate the related risks to increase the resilience of your supply chain. Successfully dealing with supply chain disruptions has nothing to do with luck, but with preparation and pro-activeness.
Join VIB and PICS Belgium September 14th in Zeebrugge to get a complete and in-depth overview of the most important challenges and risks Supply Chain Professionals face today.
- 13.00h: Registration and coffee
- 13.15h: Welcome by your host Sven Verstrepen
- 13.20h: An overview of the current geopolitical situation and its possible impact on global supply chains – Hans Diels, Expert & Author on Geopolitics
- 14.05h: Supply Chain Disruptions.. and a way to avoid them – Danny Boeykens, Partner Möbius
- Supply Chain disruptions occur more frequently than one might think. Research shows that, on average, each company experiences a supply chain disruption that impacts the P&L dramatically once every six years. In some cases you could have avoided the disruption (by a mature contingency plan). In some cases you can’t, and you’ll have to manage the impact. Hopefully, your company is “well prepared” to minimize the impact; if not, you probably will be, next time… This contribution presents an approach on how to deal with supply chain risk management. It was developed by a research team from Mobius and Vlerick, and supported by IWT. You will learn how to “prepare” for supply chain risks and potential disruptions, and how to select the contingency measures with the highest return.
- 14.50h: What does a Supply Chain Manager need to know about the current status of Brexit? – Steve Rinsler, Managing Director ELUPEG, Chairman CILT (ENG)
- 15.30h: Coffee break
- 16.00h: Risk Management in Procurement – Menno Van Drunen, Partner, Supply Value
- 16.40h: Cyber risk management in logistics & procurement – Kurt Callewaert, Research Manager & Lecturer HoWest, University Brugge.
- Kurt is project manager of the EU project “Strengthening European Network Centres of Excellence in Cybercrime” and creation member of ECTEG aisbl “European Cybercrime Training & Education Group”.
- What is the situation of the cybersecurity for the moment in the world of logistics and purchase? A cybersecurity risk assessment can provide your company a first version of an ISMS (Information Security Management System). How can we organise this ? The ISMS can help your company to become compliant with the GDPR. During the next Months identify , protect , detect , respond and recover will be very important “verbs” for a company. ISO 27001/2/5 and NIST CSF can help you with this. Many questions with many answers.
- 17.20h: Introduction to ethical hacking – speaker(TBC) by Ernst & Young
- 17.45h: Wrap up by Sven Verstrepen
- 18.00h: Networking reception with sandwiches
- 20.00h: End
September 14, 2017
Port of Zeebrugge
- PICS/VIB members :
- 249,- euro p.p. + 21 % BTW
- Non members :
- 299,- euro p.p.+ 21% BTW
Save up to 40% by using the KMO portefeuille
- +32 494/10 28 83