The Supply Chain Bootcamp is an intensive, highly interactive 2 day program that builds on the interest and first experience of participants in End to End Supply Chain Management.
The participants will put basic concepts to work just as managers and executives would do within their firm.
This program targets young professionals with 2 to 3 years experience in Supply Chain
Today’s global market demands high skilled practitioners to support the complex corporate supply chain. How are your goods purchased, how is your planning organized, how is your inventory managed and where is it stored? These are just some of the questions that need to be answered if you want to ensure an effective management of your supply chain.
PICS Belgium and Solvint provide in an unique way insight in how Supply Chain professionals at every level can have impact on the company results.
In this highly interactive course we deal with the supply chain basics and focus on every step along the value chain, providing ideas to improve the efficiency in the end-to-end process.
- Understanding the basic principles of the end-to-end Supply Chain and how they are applied in a company
- Gain insights how your job and the job of your supply chain peers impact the company results.
- Expand your network and meet other supply chain professionals
With this course, PICS Belgium and Solvint focus on young professionals with 2 to 3 years experience in Supply Chain, who:
- want to understand the impact of end to end Supply Chain on a company’s results.
- have interest in Supply Chain Management
Day 1: End to end Planning and Operational purchasing
Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- What is Supply Chain management
- What impact can Supply Chain have on the company’s financial results.
- How can Supply Chain optimize Cost, Cash and Services
- The conflicting metrics
- What is the role of customer service in Supply Chain
Introduction to our Company Case Study
- With the Case Study “Company”, we will touch on all aspects of Supply Chain management. Based on specific questions, every session will start with a team-discussion on how our “Company” can improve its specific Supply Chain process.
The Operational Purchasing Process
- CASE STUDY: Split up in teams, the group will discuss how the purchasing process could be improved
- What are the different phases in a purchasing process.
- What information is required during the different steps.
- Ultimately, we will provide an overview of the most commonly used techniques on when to order, and at what quantities?
- What are the typical metrics used to measure the performance of the operational purchasing process
Strategic Planning – Tactical Planning -MPS
- CASE STUDY Split up in teams, the group will discuss what should be done to create a mid-term view on the business
- What is Strategy, and what are the components of a Supply Chain Strategic plan
- What is a Tactical planning (S&OP) and what are the different steps in this process. We learn how to assess at what S&OP maturity level your company is in.
- How is an S&OP plan translated in a useable plan for Operations and Procurement?
- What are the typical metrics used to measure the performance of planning processes
Operational Planning & MRP
- What are the different components of an operational planning
- What is MRP and what is detailed scheduling and what is it used for
- What are the different components of an MRP and detailed schedule
- You learn the basics on how to setup and calculate your own requirements plan for our “COMPANY”
Day 2: The Physical Supply Chain & Inventory Management
Basic of Inventory Management
- What are the different types of inventory and what is important in managing the different types of inventory
- What are basic techniques to create your inventory improvement plan
Basic Warehouse Dynamics and Management
- CASE STUDY Split up in teams, the group will discuss what could be potential improvement area’s in our “Companies” Warehouse
- What is a warehouse and what are the main functions of a warehouse
- What different jobs do we find in a warehouse
- What are the basic concepts of a warehouse design and lay-out
- What are the typical metrics used to measure the performance in a warehouse
PM: Transport & Distribution Management
- CASE STUDY Split up in teams, the group will discuss what could be potential improvement area’s in our “Companies” transport management
- What is important when choosing for a transport-modus
- What is important in distribution management, why having a central DC or regional DC, what are the criteria that companies take into account in making the decision
Tom Codron is the Practice Lead Supply Chain of Solvint Supply Management, a result-oriented consulting firm in End to End Supply Chain management (Procurement, Supply Chain and Operations).
He is focused on assessment, design and transformation of global Supply Chain organisations. He has a broad international experience in managing, assessing & transforming human centric Supply Chain processes & organisations in a variety of industries throughout Europe, APAC and North America. Aiming at bringing Supply Chain functions to the next level.
As a corporate trainer and guest lecture at Karel De Grote Hogeschool he has introduced students and professionals into Supply Chain and Operations Management. He is passionate about how to successfully translate theory into your daily business by using a hands-on and interactive training style.
Price including lunch, welcome coffee and 2 coffee breaks
- PICS–members: 915 € + 21% VAT
- Non members: 985 € + 21% VAT
Save up to 30% by using KMO portefeuille
- Lamot, Mechelen
- 2 days training from 9 until 17h
- Dates tbd
- Nederlands/English, depending on the participants
If you have any question, don’t hesitate to contact us
+32 494/10 28 83