- This event has passed.
Seminar: Discover Flaws in Your Supply Chain Flows
December 3, 2019 @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Process improvement in digital times
Due to the digitalisation client expectations have been changing. Not only price and quality of a product are important, clients also expect a personal experience, which fulfills their needs everywhere at any time.
In this seminar we focus on how to improve products and processes through advanced analysing of available data.
- 12h30: Registration and sandwiches
- 13h30: Welcome by Kris Lieckens, PICS Belgium, and Jan Peeters (valueXstream)
- 13h45: Process discovery using real-life event logs by dr. Jochen De Weerdt, Assistant Professor at the Department of Decision Sciences and Information Management of the KU Leuven
Mining data that is easily available in today’s supply chains can help to analyze business process executions. New management insights can be derived by exploiting the untapped reservoir of knowledge that resides within event logs of information systems. Applying algorithms to such event logs enables us to build models that discover the real network of flows in the organization. As a result, the outcome of current flows can be controlled and the outcome of future flows can be predicted. Anomalies become obvious so that appropriate management actions can be taken in-time.
- 14h15: Case DP World by Sem Peelman,Consultant, AE
The business case at this terminal operator in the Port of Antwerp will illustrate how the new technique of process mining can bring value to supply chain management decisions.
- 15h00: Coffee break
- 15h30: Case Terumo by Siem Jaspers, Business Analist Supply Chain, Terumo Europe
This case will handle questions like:
- How to combine high service levels and lean processes to increase profitability?
- What to set as first time right criteria and how to reach them?
- How to verify process compliance through process mining?
- 16h15: Closing and conclusions by Jan Peeters, valueXstream
16h30: Networking drink
December 3, 2019
English or Dutch, depending on the participants
Including sandwich lunch
- PICS members/Value Chain subscribers :
- 135,- euro p.p. + 21 % BTW
- Non members :
- 195,- euro p.p.+ 21% BTW
Save up to 40% by using the KMO portefeuille
- +32 494/10 28 83