Seminar: Warehouse of the Future
February 28, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Today supply chain is part of the business model. Distribution centres and warehouses play a big role in optimizing supply chains. They hold inventory to support (irregular) demand and take care about status, condition and disposition of items stored and are part of a supply chain service system when organized in a flexible way for fast flow-through. But warehouses are also seen as a cost factor, for which the personnel factor is often weighing hard on the budget.
Today’s trends are clear. But what will the future bring? Which concepts, technologies and (building) systems are available for the warehouse of the future? With a distinct number of specialists we invite you to a seminar on the warehouse of the future.
13h30: Welcome by Jan De Kimpe, valueXstream, PICS Belgium and KU Leuven
- Jan is member of the board of PICS Belgium, visiting professor at KULeuven and partner in valueXstream. He has a 30+ years career in advisory on warehousing, transportation and distribution.
- Trends in warehousing
- Introduction to functioning of warehouse of the future
13h45: Eric Vandenbussche, Logflow
- Eric is managing partner at Logfow and specialized in warehouse layout and warehousing concepts
- The physical automation of warehouses of the future
- The position of people within automated environments
- Over the past 14 years, Keshav has managed advanced R&D projects in space, search and rescue, defense and medical robotics in Europe and the US. A passionate roboticist with a sharp sense for user needs.
- Perception of robotics in logistics applications today and in the future
- What “intelligence” to expect from robotics
- Challenges of creating a robotics startup with a different idea, and the needs and constraints faced by end-users in adopting new forms of intelligent systems that will not only improve, but change the way we work today
14h55: Coffee break
- “Self-Driving Enterprise” translated to warehousing: a cognitive operating system (“control tower”) that connects you with your business and autonomously orchestrates your operations. It leverages the best of artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, data and enterprise domain expertise to deliver real-time cognitive automation at cloud scale. It understands how your business works, makes real-time recommendations, predicts outcomes, and takes action autonomously
- Warehouse design and automation instructor and futurist – “Warehouse automation: the AST (Adaptable, Scalable, Transferable) evolution and Lights-off revolution”
- building & construction requirements of the future
- building approach of the warehouse of the future : equipment, energy, sustainability,…
February 28, 2019
Hotel Serwir, Sint-Niklaas
- PICS members/Value Chain subscribers :
- 190,- euro p.p. + 21 % BTW
- Non members :
- 250,- euro p.p.+ 21% BTW
Save up to 40% by using the KMO portefeuille
- +32 494/10 28 83