Seminar ‘Your B2B web logistics next level’
From order entry, over picking to distibution at the end customer, lots of room for optimization
Today, e-commerce is well established in our business operations, both along the supply and demand side. But did you know that in Europe, the B2B part of e-commerce is more important than the B2C part? High time to take a closer look at what B2B web-logistics requires and what we need to consider in order to do this effectively. Web Logistics is often based on fast response and delivery times, high level of service and stock availability and a flexible (warehouse) organization. During this seminar, we want to explain all aspects of good B2B web-logistics to conclude with the successful B2B web-logistics case of Boss Paints where painters can order paint in the evening for delivery the next day, on site if desired.
12:00 – 13:00: Reception with sandwiches
13:00 – 13:40: Welcome presentation Jan De Kimpe (PICS Belgium, Logisol Pro, ART4L, KULeuven)
What exactly is B2B web-logistics, and why is it used to (better) serve customers : expectations of all parties involved
- Strategic decision choices within B2B web-logistics (and thus in a B2B environment)
- What does a logical e-commerce logistics chain look like?
- Which processes and systems support typical B2B web-logistics, explanation on the basis of a customer order process
13:40 – 14:20: Presentation Inventory Management – Jelena Skuridina, Experienced Supply Chain Professional (PICS Belgium)
- Inventory management in a B2B e-commerce environment – difference with classical business environment
- Importance of forecasting and planning of inventory in this environment
- Inventory availability expectations
- How to deal with the short lead times inherent to B2B e-commerce
14:20 – 15:00: Presentation Warehouse – Stefan Rusu, Director Warehousing, Automation & Production Logistics at Deloitte (presentation in English)
E-commerce is “normalizing” fast in B2B and has reshaped logistics by means of new models dedicated exclusively to it, spanning Technology, People, Processes, Data and Sustainability. Join our discussion around specific operations and potential automation, and thus sync into these crucial market trends.
- B2B picking and packing optimization
- Role of automatization in these processes
15h00 – 15h20: Break
15:20 – 16:00: Automation presentation – Vincent Weinschenk, Warehouse expert and consultant, (Wherehows)
- Robotization and positioning solutions in B2B web logistics.
- When to choose which solution : drivers and motivation
- Explanation of an automation case in B2B web-logistics
16:00 – 16:40: Case BOSS Paints
- Ordering until 20h >> delivery on site next day, if desired
- Presentation of the company and the logistics chain (personalization of the color choice after ordering)
- B2B setup at Boss Paints : concept and systems
- Lessons learned : how to build a distinctive logistics model via web logistics
16h40 – 16h45: Q&A