Collaborative supply chain by Agfa Graphics, winner of the Supply Chain Award – Project of the year 2015
Agfa Graphics’ winning project involves the supply of aluminum printing plates, which are vital consumables to the offset printing industry. Agfa Graphics is a world-leading supplier of such plates, which represent more than 60% of its turnover.
Agfa Graphics, as plate supplier, involved aluminum suppliers, logistics partners for scrap collection and print companies to roll-out a circular economy business model, called Net-of-Aluminium (NoA): Agfa Graphics remains the owner of the aluminum at all stages of the life cycle.
Consequently, Agfa Graphics introduced an Internal Change Program involving Purchasing, Total Quality management, Supply Chain Management, Accounting and Marketing and Sales.
To support the circular economy business model, the setup of a collaborative supply chain with his partners was crucial.
In this collaborative Supply Chain, new processes and ICS developments were initiated to manage the inventory of aluminum: as Agfa Graphics now keeps the ownership of aluminum travelling the world, inventory management was extended beyond its own premises, including the inventory at the customers’ sites and at recycling plants.
In the first part of this seminar, Agfa Graphics will explain the different steps in the Internal Change Program, the impact on the organization and supplier management.
The second part will focus on the collaborative Supply Chain model that was developed.
- 13.30 h: Welcome coffee
- 14.00 h: Overview
- 14.20 h: AlluRing project
- by Peter Verschave, Director SHE
- Carbon footprint Evaluation/ Outcome Study in collaboration with VITO
- 14.40 h: Technical feasibility and Qualification project
- by Paul Coppens Director TQM
- 15.00 h: Purchasing impact
- by Ingrid Van Sande, Purchasing Strategic Metals
- 15.20 h: Supply Chain Management
- by Marc Verhaegen, Manager Strategic Project SCM
- 15.45 h: Q&A
- 16.00 h: Visit to the Agfa Graphics demo center
- 17.00 h: Network drink
- 18.00 h: End
- Agfa Agfa-Gevaert NV, Septestraat 27, 2640 Mortsel
- Route description
- Thursday, 18 February 2016
- from 14:00 to 18:00 h
- 249,- euro p.p. (excl. VAT : 21%)
- Non-member :
- 299,- euro p.p. (excl. VAT : 21 %)
- Become PICS-member and enjoy immediately the special PICS member prize. Register here
- Payment via KMO Portefeuille is possible.
- [contact-form-7 id=”1937″ title=”REGISTRATION FOR A PICS ACTIVITY_newlayout”]
- PICS Belgium vzw, Drie Eikenstraat 661 | 2650 EDEGEM (BE)
- Tel 03 / 844 32 18
- E-mail : email@example.com