Company Visit Alstom Charleroi
September 26, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Visit the Alstom engineering office in Charleroi!
As a promoter of sustainable mobility, Alstom is one of the major suppliers of rail solutions. The company focuses on supplying rail vehicles such as high-speed trains, regional trains, metros and tramways, locomotives but also digital signalling systems for safe and performant railway networks and services such as spare parts, repair, modernization. In Belgium, Alstom is based in Charleroi and has developed two centers of excellence covering signalling solutions, traction systems and energy savings developments with over 100 projects implemented all over the world. Today over 1.150 people are working for Alstom Belgium in Charleroi and the company is looking for another 140 new colleagues.
On Thursday, September 26th, PICS Belgium has the opportunity to visit the engineering office in Charleroi with a focus on the European standard signalling system (ERTMS), the traction developments including auxiliary converters and the services solutions. The production activity relates to pre-series of large contracts.
We will also see a showcase of Station One (https://www.station-one.com/en/), a newly developed digital marketplace for the mobility professionals.
StationOne is a simple and fast way to get access to a broader choice of products and services, all gathered on the same platform. Approved spare parts from a multitude of vendors and centralization of your orders make your buying process is easier.
Examples on the platform include a range of consumables, IT, electronics, electrical, electro-mechanical, services, tools and furniture, etc.
To achieve the sector’s requirements and ensure authenticity, all vendors are approved by a dedicated team of experts.
- 13h: Registration with coffee and sandwiches
- 13h30: Welcome and introduction by Suzy Costers, Vice President PICS Belgium
- 13h40: Presentation Alstom Group and Alstom Belgium in Charleroi by Robert Seghers, Business Development Director and Olivier Eymery, Site & Regional Center Industrial Operations Director
- 14h40: Visit of the premises:
- Traction systems developments
- Applications of the European Standard Signalling System (ERTMS), train safety systems
- Implemented digitalisation on the production line
- Automatic Train operation (driverless trains)
- 15h30: Presentation of Station One, digital marketplace for all mobility professionals
- 16h: closing and Q&A followed by a networking drink
- PICS-members : free !
- Non members : 50 euro p.p. (excl. 21% VAT)
- Cancellation fee :
- It is possible to cancel your registration, if you inform us minimum 7 days prior to the event.
- In case of ‘no show’ 50 euro p.p. (+ 21 % VAT) will be charged.