Cycle Supply Chain Planning: Masterclass Pragmatic Inventory Management, Masterclass Demand Planning / Forecasting
Many companies have difficulty determining the optimal stock levels based on their inventory and supply chain strategy. There are various reasons for this, but one important reason is the lack of practical knowledge about inventory management. That is why Optimact, Xeleos Consulting and PICS Belgium have developed a unique and very practical training based on their extensive experience.
The level of inventory and the availability has not only a major impact on the performance of various departments within a company or organization, but also influences the result of the entire company. In theory, the optimal stock levels can easily be calculated by analyzing the sales, the planned sales and consumption, the delivery times and the desired service level.
The training examines the sub-domains in which the discipline takes place: strategy, processes, organization and systems. As a result, you will not only recognize the operational importance of an optimal stock, but also the financial impact that can be realized with skilled employees at crucial positions.
You will learn to:
- Stand above the material in the field of stock optimization
- Create an operational plan about ‘how to proceed …’
- Sell the plan internally and externally
- Implement and secure the plan
The basis in the program are cases, both example cases presented by the lecturers and cases from the participants themselves. By discussing the cases with the other participants, they become ‘real life cases’, in which each participant receives support from the experience of the others. This contribution to your own case provides practical tips. It is always easier to rationally analyze other people’s cases. In this way, the training is not based on hypothetical examples, but every participant immediately experiences relevant feedback. For making the exercises it is recommended to bring a laptop.
After completing the course, you have insight into the knowledge and skills in the field of demand planning and stock optimization, based on the current situation at your own employer. You will have also insights in the necessary tools to further develop the knowledge. You become (even) more successful in your work, because you have experienced that optimizing stocks is not just ‘filling an empty shelf’, but a matter of perseverance, passion and working authentically to improve the return on the stock.
- What is inventory?
- Why you need inventory?
- Inventory Management and Key Performance Indicators
- Articles classification
- Order methods
- Classical inventory parameters, Min, Max, EOQ, Safety Stock …
- Special cases
- Integrated Inventory Management: MRP and DRP, Push and Pull
- Recognition of demand patterns
- Seasonality and Trends
- Actions and Promotions
- Phase In and Phase Out
- Supporting technology: What I need and what is available on the market?
- How to implement this within your company, pitfalls and how to avoid these pitfalls
- Next steps and Improvement Plan
This 2 day training is part of the Cycle Supply Chain Planning consisting of:
- Masterclass Pragmatic Inventory Management
- Masterclass Demand Planning / Forecasting
- Training Demand Driven Material Requirements Planning (DDMRP)
Participation fee for 2 days training, including welcome coffee, warm lunch and 2 coffee breaks :
- Non member price: 795 € + 21% VAT
- PICS member price/Value Chain subscriber : 715 € + 21% VAT
If you choose to follow more than 1 session of the Cycle Supply Chain Planning, you will enjoy a reduced rate :
# SESSIONS Non member price excl. 21% VAT 1 day training 425 € 2 days training 795 € # SESSIONS PICS member/ Value Chain subscriber excl. 21% VAT 1 day training 380 € 2 days training 715 €
- PICS Belgium is recognized by the Flemish government as a certified training center. This means you can save up to 40% by using “KMO Portefeuille“.
2 days training from 9 till 17 h on:
Bring your own laptop !
- Hotel Serwir, Sint-Niklaas
English, unless all participants speak Dutch
+32 494/10 28 83
|Cycle Supply Chain Planning is a cooperation of|